Sant Climent de Taüll
- 11th century: First period of construction
- 12th century: Consecration of the church on 10th December 1123
- 1919-1922: Extraction of the mural paintings
- Early seventies: First restoration
- 2000-2001: Second restoration and discovery of new paintings
- 2013: Restoration and new museography
Visits: This church is open to the public. Check opening hours and guided visits at the Centre of Romanesque art of Boí Valley.
This church has a basilical floor plan, three naves separated by columns and a chevet with three semicircular apses. The attached square bell tower has six levels.
External sculptural decoration of the apses and bell tower with sawtooth friezes, blind arcades and Lombard bands.
The mural paintings of the chevet that represent the Pancreator, the Evangelists and the Apostles –preserved in the National Art Museum of Catalonia (MNAC) in Barcelona– are shown using the cutting-edge technique of video mapping. You can also see other original fragments that have been restored as well as some copies.
The church was consecrated on 10th December 1123.