Santa Maria de Taüll
- 11th century: First period of construction
- 12th century: Consecration of the church
- 18th century: Baroque restorations
- 1919-1923: First extraction of paintings
- 1960: Second extraction of paintings
- 1971: Last extractions of paintings and restoration
Visits: This church is open to the public. Check opening hours and guided visits at the Centre of Romanesque art of Boí Valley.
This church has a basilical floor plan, three naves separated by columns and a chevet with three semicircular apses. The attached square bell tower has six levels.
External sculptural decoration of the apses and bell tower with sawtooth friezes, blind arcades and Lombard bands.
The mural paintings of the chevet that represent the Pancreator, the Evangelists and the Apostles –preserved in the National Art Museum of Catalonia (MNAC), Barcelona– are shown with the use of the cutting-edge technique of video mapping. You can also see other original fragments that have been restored as well as some copies.
The church was consecrated on 11th December 1123.